Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hiatus

I'm sorry, I've been on kind of a hiatus. I can't seem to get into the habit of updating a blog on a regular basis. As of right now I haven't done any DIYing or anything crafty (other the the usual knitting and then frogging process). Brett's mom came to visit this last weekend and she took us to the outlet mall (did I mention she's a great lady?) and bought us a knife magnet. I should have prefaced that with "Brett loves kitchen knives and has a ton so...." I made Brett hang it up above our little dish drying area and I must say that I like it. It does look kind of intimidating at first, you know kind of like that scene in "Twister" where they run in the barn with all the knives? Kind of like that, but I've gotten used to it and it is super handy. It's also cleared up another drawer for us in our kitchen!

Here's what he looks like:

Pretty simple design and shockingly heavy duty.

I also must admit that I have abandoned my etsy shop Autumn Fibers. When I opened it I had visions of people loving my yarns and me not being able to keep up with the demand. I really had no idea what I was getting myself in to when I opened it. Now that I do, I am debating on whether or not I should continue to put money into it. I do love the notifications I get when someone buys a yarn or features me in a treasury but it is a financial investment and I'm not sure I am able to take that on right now. I also have a crazy work schedule that normally is positively correlated with a mountain of paperwork (that I normally have to do on my day off). So perhaps in the near future I will be reviving my shop because lets face it, I love yarn and I loved dying yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment