Friday, February 12, 2010

Feature Friday - Metal


Before I get into Feature Friday I'd just like to say... it's snowing in Georgia. We're actually supposed to get 2-5 inches tonight and it's supposed to keep snowing until 8 pm. The airport in Atlanta cancelled 1100 flights today and the Air Force sent everyone home at 12 this afternoon. Considering Brett and I moved here to get away from the freezing Missouri weather, we're not too happy about the weather.

Ok enough about the weather. The theme of this week's Feature Friday is metal. Here are a few sweet finds I discovered on Etsy.

For those of you who come home and put your keys down, assuringly never to be found again (like me). I have found the perfect solution...this super cute key rack:


I love this and KnobCreekMetalArts has many more to choose from all in a very nice price range!

Next up we have a clock. Since everyone has cell phones as well as digital clocks on every appliance we own people forget about wall clocks. I love an awesome original wall clock which for me is a new perspective on a vintage look. Shop owner astrokeofgenius has a perfect example of this:


I love the warm color of the wood with the cold unfeeling texture of the metal. Not to mention the unusual square shape of the clock. There are plenty more where this came from all as unique as this one!

Shop owner meganauman is having a sale! One of my favorite sale items is this:


What an awesome lighting fixture! Black isn't normally a feminine color but with the cute petal shape cutouts on the fixture I think it's perfect and I adore this. If black is a bit too dark for you there is also a white one. In addition to these adorable lights she also has jewelry and ottomans (which are decorated similarly to the lighting fixtures).

Last but not least I would like to introduce you to license plate art. Now, in the past I have seen purses made out of license plates but not images. Feast your eyes on this cutie:



I am utterly in love with this! I feel as though this should almost be featured on Cute Overload. Recycledartco has sooo many of these super cute items including an even cuter (if that is possible) whale. If you don't see something you like convo them and ask about custom orders, I'm sure they'd be thrilled to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment