Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm a Georgia Peach!

Well me and the boyfriend made it to Georgia! The drive from Kansas City Missouri to Middle Georgia was 14 hours long. We went through Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee. The first day we were in the process of traveling for about 8 hours and stayed in Murfreesboro, TN for the night. Second day was 6 hours of driving through the rest of Tennessee and half of Georgia. Needless to say I was very happy to finally see my new apartment!

I was able to finish dying two more yarns before we left though, my silk yarns! I took pictures of the dyeing process for Amy's Azzurro (which can be purchases here) just in case anyone was interested in how I dye my yarns!

(the yarn was pre-soaked before this).

Step 1: Mix up your dye in awesome old school jelly jars with Pooh characters on them

Step 2: Dump yarn dye in pot of water and yarn. Mix!

Step 3: After dye exhausts (water turns clear), put out side in the snowy Missouri weather to cool off.

Step 4: After the dye pot is cool rinse in warm water with Synthopol.

Step 5: After rinsing yarn throughly and running it through the spin cycle of the wash, hang to dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment