So what do people do in Georgia for fun on the weekend in the winter? Well, we went bowling yesterday. It was super embarrassing for pretty much everyone but Brett. He has multiple bowling balls, his own bowling shoes, and used to bowl in a league. Needless to say, I lost. We didn't know it until we got to the alley, but apparently, all of the high school students also go bowling on Fridays. Difference is we can drink and they can't. Today we got our 50 dollars by referring Billy to the same mattress store we bought our new bed from. Win! Now we're all trying to birth our food babies before we go out to a club...it's ladies night. Yes please!
Alright, for those of you who enjoy a nice hunk of cornbread I have perfected a delicious johnnycake recipe. Behold:
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1/2 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup oil
- Dump jiffy mix in a big mixing bowl along with half of the yellow cake mix (you only use half of the box so you might want to get 2 boxes of Jiffy for next time you want to make this). Stir the two together until you get most of the clumps out.
- In a smaller bowl beat the two eggs together.
- Pour eggs and all other ingredients into bowl with the Jiffy and cake mix.
- Mix together -- remember that corn bread batter is clumpy so you aren't going to be able to get all of the clumps out of this either.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
I hope you enjoy it as much as me and the boys did!